With the introduction of the Haecksler 4 we realised our dream to build a better and more efficient wood chipper than all machines before. This model 4 also had to have a longer life span than model 3. Initially we approached our manufacturer who produced model 3 for this ….
The new design model 4 had to meet the following requirements:
- Improved longevity compared to Haecksler 3
- Easier feeding of branches without jamming; Thanks to a wider feeding hopper
- The height for feeding the branches on the Haecksler 4 is only 80 cm. This is of great importance to achieve better ergonomics.
- Wider rotor and cutting blades for better processing of bundles of branches
- Heavier rotor for more momentum and thus a higher efficiency and easier shredding
- A stiffer frame to absorb the strong centrifugal forces combined with vibrations during chipping
- Heavier welding of materials avoid premature cracks
- Machines fully comply with the most recent EN and CE standards that have been made mandatory by labor legislation.
- More ground clearance. Maneuvering with the old model 3 often caused the frame to hit the ground or to be dragged through the grass. The Haecksler 4 no longer has this problem.
- And yet: the input height for the branches is lower on model 4!
…. Unfortunately, our former manufacturer was not willing to follow us in the search for innovation and perfection of our machines, and for that reason we had to end the cooperation with him. The old model 3 is sold by this manufacturer under a different name now and no longer falls under our responsibilities (We have not forgotten our old customers with a Haecksler 3, on the contrary! When buying a new Haecksler 4 chipper this year (’18) we offer loyal customers something very interesting). In the meantime, we have added other innovations, as we will continue to do. At Haecksler we think as follows: “ If building wood chippers is our thing, why not produce the best possible?”
A few examples of our other improvements:
- Better 6-ply tires instead of 2-ply
- Quick-connector for towbar (3 seconds)
- Improved V-belt tensioning system, with pendulum system – tightening with two nuts only
- Quick and easy blade change, the Allen 7-screw can take much more power without damaging it
- Optional stronger 18 hp engine
- Optional Easy Rider system
- Stiffer outlet tube, turns much easier and does not damage quickly